Machine GRAPHICS & VISION is a refereed international journal published by the Institute of Information Technology of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW, in cooperation with the Association for Image Processing, Poland – TPO.
Machine GRAPHICS & VISION provides a scientific exchange forum and an authoritative source of information in the field of, in general, pictorial information exchange between computers and their environment, including applications of visual and graphical computer systems.
The journal concentrates on theoretical and computational models underlying computer generated, analysed, or otherwise processed imagery, in particular:
- image processing
- scene analysis, modeling, and understanding
- machine vision
- pattern recognition
- image synthesis, including three-dimensional imaging and solid modeling
- computer-aided graphic arts and animation
- mathematical approaches to image processing, analysis, and synthesis
- computational geometry
- image models and transforms
- visualization and graphical data presentation
- diagrammatic knowledge representation and reasoning
- monocular and stereo vision
- modeling of human visual perception
- software and hardware image processing
- innovative uses of various graphic and vision devices and systems
The journal publishes original research papers, tutorial papers, state-of-the-art surveys, reports on work in progress, research direction proposals, and reports on published books and on defended Ph.D. and D.Sc. theses. The papers are published in English.
Machine Graphics & Vision accepts and implements the rules of publishing ethics according to the Best Practice Guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Since 2012 the issues are available within the open access policy. The contents of the published issues and all the remaining information can be found in the web pages of the Journal at the address http://mgv.wzim.sggw.pl.